Facebook defaults to making all information public. What if you wish to keep your profile private? And have greater control over the information that other Facebook users can see about your profile, even if they are not your friends? Can you change the default settings of your account?
There is no way to make your profile anonymous by default. You can however make your profile 100% private by tweaking the settings.
This article will show you how to make your Facebook account private.
How to make a Facebook profile private
Here’s how to make your Facebook account private using a browser:
- Go to Facebook using the browser.
- Log in to access your account
- Look for the arrow icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on “Settings.”
- Take a look at the menu to the left.
- To open the Privacy tab, press.
- For different features, you can now modify your privacy settings. You can now choose who can view your posts and who can see who in your friend’s list.
- You can adjust the settings to meet your needs. Tap on the blue “Edit” button to adjust the settings.
How to make your profile private on Facebook Mobile
Many people use Facebook only on their smartphones these days. It is easy to make your profile private. It works for both iPhone or Android. Follow the steps below.
- Start the Facebook app from your phone.
- Click on the three-line menu. It will be either at the top right or bottom right depending on your phone.
- Scroll down to Privacy and Settings.
- Tap on the Tab “Settings”.
- Click on Privacy Settings.
- Click on “Check a few key settings.”
- Privacy Checkup: choose “Who can view what you share.”
- Tap “Continue.”
- Scroll down to Following and Friends and click on the tab. Select “Friends” This will allow only your Facebook friends to see your friend list.
- Tap “Next.”
- Click the buttons next “Future Posts” or “Stories” to change to “Friends”
- Tap “Next.”
How to make your future Facebook content private from strangers
What if you wish to hide your Facebook profile content? How do you do it? These steps are easy to follow:
- Log in to Facebook using your browser
- Click the Arrow icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select Privacy and Settings.
- Select “Settings.”
- From the menu to the right, click Privacy.
- “Your Activity” will show “Who can view your future posts?”
- Click on the “Edit” button.
- Click on “Public”, to select “Friends.”
This setting can be changed by clicking the three dots at the top right corner of each post. You can choose who can view your status (public or friends only), as well as which type of person can see it (custom, private, and others). ).
Most Frequently Asked Questions
Online privacy is very important these days. Facebook provides many options for users to keep their anonymity online. If you have any questions or want to know more, you can keep reading.
Can people see my profile picture even though I have set it to private?
Yes. Yes. Other users can see your profile picture, along with some key information about your account. However, they cannot see your posts. Follow these steps to make your profile picture invisible on Facebook.
What is the best way to see my profile in relation to my friends?
Facebook allows you to view your profile from other users. This is a great feature. These steps will allow you to see your profile as it appears publicly.
- Open Facebook, and click on the arrow at the upper right-hand corner. If you are using an Android device tap on the three horizontal lines at the upper right. If you have an iPhone, the horizontal lines will be in the lower left. Log in to your profile.
- Tap on the three horizontal dots at the right of the Edit profile.
- Click or tap View as.
You can now see your profile in public view.
Is it possible to make my profile photo private?
Unfortunately, no. Anyone with a Facebook account can view any photo you upload to be used as your profile picture. Resetting your profile picture to Facebook’s default image (the silhouette of someone in the background) is possible. Navigate to your Profile Picture photo album and select the profile picture you want to delete.
You can change your profile picture to something more nondescriptive, such as a favorite symbol or superhero.
Keep Your Facebook Privacy Private
Although anonymity can’t be achieved in one click, it is possible to make your Facebook profile private. Follow the steps in this article and you will have no problems. Are you looking for tips or advice on how to make your Facebook profile private? Please leave a comment below!