Snapchat knows that some moments aren’t meant to be shared with everyone. Snapchat has offered a unique Private Story feature for users to share their personal moments with friends. We will show you how to create Snapchat Stories that are private. This article will explain how to create Snapchat Stories for friends and set up Private Story.
Snapchat 2022: Create a private story
We have provided information on how to create a Snapchat Story private, as well as how it differs from regular Snapchat Stories. Also, how you can leave a Private Story if someone has added you. Keep reading to find out everything you need about Snapchat’s Private Stories.
Snapchat Story and Private Story: What is the Difference?
Before we go into the steps of creating a Private Story, let’s first understand the differences between regular Snapchat Stories and Private Stories. As the title suggests, Private Stories can only be viewed by you and your closest friends, or any other person you choose. This is in contrast to normal Stories, where all of your connections can view them by default.
Additionally, Private Stories will feature a lock icon at bottom of the purple ring. Regular Stories will only have the purple circle around it. These features have some fundamental differences but they are very similar in how they work behind-the-scenes.
Set up and create a private Snapchat story
- Tap the profile icon in the top-left corner. From the profile page, click the “+ Private Story” button right under the “My Stories” section.
- Select the contacts that you wish to add to your Private Story group, then tap the “Create Story” button. The Story will be named. To begin your Private Story, enter your name and click “Save”.
- After you have created and named your Private Story, there is the option to add Snaps under the “My Stories” section. Click on “Add to” ” Add Snaps to Your Private Story
- Click the image or video you wish to add to your Private Story. As shown in the below image, you can view your Private Stories from your profile screen.
Snapchat: How to delete a private story
- To delete a Snap from a Private Story, simply tap on it and click the horizontal three dots menu icon in the upper-right corner.
- Now, click “Delete” in the pop-up menu. Then confirm your action by tapping “Delete” again on the prompt.
- You can delete a Private Story section if you’re not interested in it anymore. You can do this by tapping the horizontal three dots menu next to the name of your Private Story and selecting “Delete Story”.
- Tap “Delete” when the confirmation prompt appears to delete your private story. The company states that you cannot post to a Private Story after it is deleted unless you create another Private Story. This action will also delete any existing Snaps.
Snapchat: How to Leave a Private Story
Are you fed up with a distant friend’s Snapchat stories? You have the option to delete them. Simply long-press the person’s Private Story, and then tap “Leave Story” in the pop-up menu. Snapchat will not notify the person who left the Story but they will likely see your name in their viewer list. To prevent the person from adding you again, press the “Block Story” button.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do other people know that I posted a Snapchat private story?
You won’t be able to tell everyone in your contact list that you have created a private account. Only people who add you to your Snapchat private story will be able to see it. Tap on the lock icon at bottom of purple ring to see your private stories.
Can someone see if I sign up for their Snapchat private story?
Yes, you can see the private stories of people. They will also know that you viewed them from the viewer’s List, much the same as the Stories you post to your account.
Snapchat can Snapchat notify you if you leave a private message?
To delete a private story, long-press the user’s Private Story and click “Leave Story” in the pop-up menu. Snapchat will not notify the person who left the Story but they will likely find out if they don’t see you in the viewer’s list.
Is it possible to add more people to my Private Story?
You can add friends and loved ones to your private account. Simply go to your profile page, and then tap the three-dot symbol next to the private tale. Next, tap on “See Viewers” and then on the next screen add more people from your Snapchat contacts to the private story.
Use Private Stories to Share Personal Updates With Friends
Snapchat’s Private Stories feature is great for people who want to keep their privacy in check and only share their life updates with close friends and loved ones. Private Stories allows you to share small victories and life experiences with the people who are most important to you. This is a great feature that Instagram has made possible by the introduction of Close Friends. If you’re a budding influencer who wants to grow a following, you can create a public profile on Snapchat.