Many people had been waiting to get the iOS 10.2 Jailbreak. Many people were reluctant to update their iPhones. Jailbreaks provide a lot of additional functionality. You can alter the appearance of the iPhone, tweak apps for popular services, customize the functionality of the physical buttons, and much more. Luca Todesco finally released the Yalu102 Jailbreak iOS 10.2 devices.
This method is not perfect. It only works with a few devices. If you own one of these devices running iOS 10.2, here’s how to jailbreak iOS 10.2:
This guide is intended to be used only on iOS 10.2 supported devices. Before following this guide, please make sure to take a backup of all data on your device. I am not responsible for any data loss or bricking of your device. It worked flawlessly on my iPhone 6S running iOS 10.2.
Jailbreak iOS 10.2 Requirements
Before you jailbreak your iPhone, let us talk about what you will need (in no particular order).
- The latest version of iTunes ( Download).
- Yalu102 IPA file (download)
- Cydia Impactor (download). Select the one that is appropriate for your operating system.
How to jailbreak iOS 10.2
1. How to prepare the iPhone
Before we begin the jailbreak process, here are some things you need to do on your iPhone or the iOS device that you are jailbreaking.
- Make a backup for your iPhone. This is important in the event of data loss.
- Disable Find My iPhone. This can be done from ” Settings-> iCloud-> Find my iPhone“
- Disable Passcode & TouchID. This can be done from ” Settings-> TouchID and Passcode-> Turn Passcode Off“.
2. Jailbreaking iOS 10.2
After you have completed all the steps above (which are very important, follow them!), we can now begin jailbreaking iOS 10.2. Now we can begin the jailbreaking process for iOS 10.2. Follow these steps:
NOTE I’m using Cydia on a MacBook Air running macOS Sierra Developer Beta 10.12.4.
- Connect your iPhone with your computer using the USB cable. Launch Cydia Impactor. Make sure that Impactor displays your iPhone’s name. Then drag the Yalu102 IPA files onto Cydia Impactor.
- Enter your Apple ID credentials. The email address and password for your Apple ID.
- Impactor will then begin signing your IPA file and will load it on your iPhone.
- After the process is completed, you will be able to see the Yalu102 application on your home screen.
- Go to Settings->General -> Device Management.
- Tap on the Apple ID email and then click “Trust“.
- Next, open the Yalu102 app on your iPhone. Tap on “Go”.
- Your iPhone should restart and you should now be able to see Cydia on your home screen.
- Launch Yalu102 and tap “Go” again if Cydia does not appear.
That’s it. Now you’ve successfully jailbroken your iPhone. You can use Cydia to quickly install jailbroken applications on iPhone. You can find a wide range of apps via the Cydia Store. To get even more jailbroken apps, you can also add sources to Cydia.
Jailbreak your iOS 10.2 Devices to Unlock Their Potential
Jailbreaking an iPhone or another iOS device grants you access to an endless number of amazing applications and almost infinite customizability. You can find many iOS apps you can install on your iOS device and enhance their functionality in the Cydia shop. Although jailbreaking an iPhone can sometimes go wrong, it’s possible to fix it if you follow the instructions. You can jailbreak your iPhone and unlock the unlimited power of iOS.
Are you a jailbroken iOS user? What was your experience? Did you enjoy jailbreaking apps for your iPhone? We want to hear your thoughts about jailbreaking, the pros and cons of it, and what you think are the best uses for jailbroken iOS devices.