Electronic signing is relatively new. Electronic signing is a new practice that replaces the traditional “wet signature”. Instead of using a pen or pencil to sign a document, you can use symbols, sounds, and electronic signs to authenticate it.
Unfortunately, MS Word doesn’t include many features that can generate e-signatures. The word processor can be used to generate e-signatures using a variety of extensions and applications. This article will show you how to insert your signature into Microsoft Word. It also explains how e-signing works.
How do I insert signature in Microsoft Word?
You can add electronic signatures to Word documents. Unfortunately, you cannot attach them as images. Use the built-in features to insert your signature into Microsoft Word.
- Sign your name on a piece paper.
- To capture the document, use a scanner or camera. Once it has been captured, it can be uploaded to your computer.
- Open the MS Word document. Navigate to the “Insert” section in the menu bar at top of screen.
- To open a new window, click on “Pictures”. Enter the file name in the dialog box to locate the scanned signature on your local disk. Click to add it your document.
- You can edit the signature if it is too large. The “Picture Tools” section appears when you click the image. To resize, click on the “Format” tab and then use “Crop”. You can also manually enter height and width into the small boxes in the right-hand corner.
You can use Quick Parts if you have additional information you want to add to your signature. Here are the steps:
- Under the signature image, write your email address, phone number or job title.
- Highlight the image and any additional information using your cursor.
- Open the “Insert” section from the menu. Click on “Quick Parts”.
- To open a new window, click on the “Save Selection to Quick Part Gallery”.
- Write the title of your signature next to “Name”.
- Make sure to check the “Gallery” box below. It should say “Auto Text.” Select that option from the dropdown menu.
- Click “OK” to complete the process.
- Once your signature is complete, you can place the cursor wherever you wish to insert it.
- Go to Insert > Quick parts > Auto text.
- Select your signature from the block list.
What is a Digital Signature?
Digital signatures are unique and can be used for any purpose, unlike regular e-signatures. The document’s integrity and safety are guaranteed by embedded cryptography.
Legally, digital signatures can be considered valid identification. This can change depending on the laws of a country.
Digital signatures are common in many industries. They are included in the corporate ID, email address, or phone PIN of businesses.
A digital signature may be required in your daily life. Here are some documents that require a digital signature.
- A real estate contract (closing contract included).
- An application for a mortgage.
- A sales contract.
- A vendor agreement.
- A contract for hiring.
How do I remove digital signatures from Word or Excel?
In just a few steps, you can remove the signature from a document or spreadsheet. Here are the steps to delete digital signatures from Excel or Word.
- Navigate to the MS Word/Excel homepage and choose the document or spreadsheet with your signature.
- Right-click on the signature line by placing your cursor there
- A drop-down menu will open. Just select “Remove Signature” to bring up the menu.
- Confirm by clicking “Yes.”
Signing the Signature Line in Word and Excel.
MS Word has a built-in tool for signature lines. They indicate the location where the document should be signed. Learn more about adding signature lines to MS Word.
- Move your cursor to the place you wish to sign the document.
- Click the “Insert” section in the menu bar.
- You will find it under Text > Signature Line > Microsoft Office Signature Line.
- A small pop-up window appears. In the boxes provided, write the name, title and email address of the signer.
- Confirm by clicking “OK”.
Here’s how to sign the signature line if you are the signer in Word or Excel
- Open the Excel spreadsheet or Word document. Editing must be enabled. Click “Edit Anyway” if “Protected View” is enabled.
- To open a drop-down list, move your cursor to the line in the signature.
- Choose “Sign” from the available options.
- Click “Select Image” if your signature has been saved as an image. To upload your signature to MS Word, click “Select.”
- If you have a printed copy, you can simply type your name beside the letter “X”.
- To insert your signature, click “Sign”.
How to add a signature in Word with the PandaDoc Addin?
An e-signing extension is an alternative if you don’t have a scanner. PandaDoc has been a popular add-in because of its easy-to-use interface and wide variety of tools. It can be downloaded from the Microsoft Azure Marketplace. With the PandaDoc addon, you can add a signature to Word.
- Go to the Microsoft Azure Marketplace with your browser.
- Search the search bar for the PandaDoc add in. To install, click the “Get it Now” button below the logo.
- Register now to grant PandaDoc access your files.
- Send the Word document to PandaDoc
- There are two options depending on who is signing the document. You can choose to “Self-sign Document” if you are the signer. If not, click “Request Signatures”.
- Click on the little ”+” symbol to insert your signature. Click on the “Signature Section” to open it.
- PandaDoc lets you draw, type or upload your signature. Simply click on the “Finish Document” button.”
PandaDoc will save your signature automatically so that you can continue to use it. Simply click on the “Signature” box and drag it into the document.
How do you add a signature in Word with the PandaDoc Application.
The PandaDoc app can be downloaded and used to electronically sign documents using your smartphone. Android and iOS users can download the app. This is how you add a signature to Word using the PandaDoc app:
- Log in to your account by opening the app
- Click on the box for “New Document”. Drag a file using your cursor to the “Upload” tab. The list of local files will show the document if it is already saved to the app.
- Click “Display as” to open the document in the editor.
- From the panel to the right, select the “Signature” box. Drag and drop it into your document.
- You can sign the document by either typing, drawing or uploading images.
- To download the signed file, click “Complete”.
How do you create an email signature in Microsoft Word?
To create a signature template to your email account, you can use Word. This is a good option if you need to add additional information such as your current job title, phone number, and email address. Here are the steps:
- Go to Insert > Type > Signature Line.
- Enter the information of the signer. Click “Ok.”
- Click on the signature line of the document. Click on Insert > Picture. Select the image that contains the signature.
- Send the email with the following template.
You can download the Microsoft E-mail Signature Gallery to expand your options.
How do I insert a signature in Word for Free?
A scanner or your phone’s camera can be used to insert a signature in Word. Simply take a photo of your handwritten signature, and then upload it to your computer. You can add the image to the Word document by using the “Insert” feature.
Installing add-ons for your browser is another way to accomplish this. Many e-signing extensions provide a free trial. You should cancel your subscription within the time limit or you will be charged for the next billing cycle.
How do I electronically sign a Word form?
The built-in features allow you to sign documents electronically in Word. Here are the steps:
- Start the form by clicking on the signature line.
- Go to Insert > Image.
- Browse through your files. Select the image that contains your signature.
Before opening the document, you must upload a photo of your “wet sign”
An add-on can be used to sign documents electronically. Make sure you find one compatible with MS Office.
You will need to convert a PDF form to Word. Here are the steps:
- Type “pdf to Word Converter” into your browser.
- Click on any of the results. Upload your PDF file, and click “Convert.”
- After the process is completed, download the file.
How do I write my signature on a Word document?
A Microsoft Word document cannot have your signature. It doesn’t come with a built-in drawing tool, unlike other word processors. You will need to insert your signature as an image if you want it to appear.
Using your computer’s mouse to sign documents is possible with certain add-ons. PandaDoc, for example, allows you to sign a Word document with your signature. Here’s how it works:
- PandaDoc will open the document.
- Click on “Signature” in the panel to the right.
- If asked how you would like to add your signature, select “Draw.”
- You can use your computer mouse to add your name to the document.
How do I create a digital signature?
You can create a digital signature using a variety of apps and add-ons. One of the most popular is DocuSign. It works with all Microsoft Office apps including MS Word. DocuSign allows you to digitally sign documents.
- You will usually get an email asking you to digitally sign the document. Copy the URL to open the document in DocuSign.
- You agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- An instruction tag list will be displayed. To complete the process, please follow the steps carefully.
Take Our Word for it
MS Word is a bit slower than Google Docs when it comes to creating an e-signature. It lacks many of the built-in features. You will need to have access either to a scanner, or a camera.
There are many e-sign addons available that work with Microsoft Office apps. PandaDoc is one example of an extension that has mobile apps for iOS and Android.
How do you insert an electronic signature into a Word document? Is there an app you use for electronic signature? Let us know if you have a better way of digitally signing Word documents by commenting below