You might want to keep certain orders secret if you have an Amazon account. You could spoil their surprise if you don’t hide certain orders. Here are the steps to hide an Amazon order and erase your Amazon search history.
How to hide an order on Amazon
You must archive an order placed on Amazon to hide it. Open a web browser and visit amazon.com. Log in to your account, then click Returns and Orders. Next, click Archive order to hide any item.
- Amazon.com is available in any web browser. Amazon’s smartphone app cannot be used to hide orders.
Note: If you’re using a smartphone to access Amazon.com, you will need to open a browser app and type it into the address bar. Then, tap Go. On an iPhone, tap on the three-dot symbol in the bottom-right corner to select Request Desktop Site. Tap the three-dot icon at the top-right corner of an Android device to select Desktop Site.
- Click Returns and Orders. This will be located in the upper-right corner of your browser, next to the shopping cart icon.
Not logged in yet? Click Accounts & Lists under Returns & Orders. Enter your username and password and then click Sign in.
- Next, locate the item that you wish to hide. Scroll down to view all orders placed within the last three months. You can scroll down to see older orders by clicking the ” past three months” dropdown.
- Click Archive order. This link will appear just below the image of the item.
- Next, click Archive order on the pop-up window.
Your orders will not be deleted from your account by archiving them. Archiving or hiding orders will not delete them from your account. However, you can still locate them by going to Accounts & Lists > Archives Orders.
You can select Unarchive in order to restore an item.
This will restore the orders that you have already archived to your main Orders page. You cannot delete all orders from Amazon. However, you can delete your Amazon search history. Here’s how:
How to delete your Amazon Search History
Go to amazon.com, hover over Accounts and Lists, and you can delete your Amazon search history. Select Browsing history then clicks Remove item from view.
- Use a web browser to go to amazon.com.
- Next, hover your mouse over Accounts and Lists.
- Next, select Browsing History.
- To remove an item from your search record, click on Remove from view. This button will be located just below the item that you wish to delete.
Click Manage history to delete all of your Amazon search histories. Select Remove all items. To stop Amazon from adding future searches to your account, you can tap the slider beside Turn browsing history on/off.
An Amazon Household account can be set up to keep your Amazon orders secret. Amazon Household allows two adults to share an Amazon Prime account. However, they will not be able to see each other’s search history or orders.