Most of us forget our WiFi passwords because our computers log into our WiFi network. What happens if your WiFi password is forgotten and you don’t have it ? If your computer is already connected to the network, you have options to retrieve it. Here are some steps to locate your WiFi password on Windows 10 computers.
How to find your WiFi password on a Windows 10 computer
Open the Windows search bar, and then type WiFi Settings to find your WiFi password. After that, select your WiFi network name in Network and Sharing Center > Wireless Properties > Security > Show characters.
Note: This guide only applies to Windows 10 PC users. You can also read How to Find Passwords on a Mac if you’re a Mac user.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon at the bottom of your screen. You can also click on the Windows button on the keyboard or the button with the Windows logo at the bottom of your screen.
- Next, type WiFi Settings in the search bar. Click Open. You can also press enter on your keyboard.
- Scroll down and click Network and Sharing Center. This will be under Related Settings.
- Choose your WiFi network name. This can be found on the right side of your window, next to Connections.
- Then select Wireless Properties.
- Nest: Select the Safety tab. It is located at the top of your window, next to the Connect tab.
- Click the Show Characters box to locate your WiFi password. Next, change the dots in the Network security key box to show your Windows 10 WiFi network password.
After you have learned how to find your WiFi password using Windows 10, check out our guide to changing your WiFi password.