This article will show you how to use Find Me to locate your AirPods by using an iOS device that has Find My enabled, or via iCloud from a computer. These instructions are applicable to AirPods Pro and AirPods Pro as well as iOS devices running iOS 10.3 or higher.
How to use Find My to Locate Lost AirPods
Find My enabled on your iPhone, iPad or other iOS device is how you can locate your AirPods that have been lost.
- Open the pre-installed Find Myapp for iOS.
- Tap Devices.
- Scroll down to your device list and tap your AirPods.
- Your AirPods will be displayed on a map with their current or last known position. Tap Directions for driving directions in Apple Maps that will take you to their location.
If you can’t find the AirPods, you will see No location found (more details below).
How to use a computer to locate lost AirPods
Are you without an iOS device? These steps will help you locate your AirPods lost from a computer with iCloud:
- Go to iCloud.
- Register with your Apple ID.
- Click To Find iPhone.
- Click All Devices to choose your AirPods.
- A map shows the current or last known location of your AirPods.
How to make your AirPods play a sound
You can use Bluetooth to play a sound to locate your AirPods if they are located near your Apple devices. Here’s how:
- You can choose your AirPods in either the Locate My app on iOS or iPadOS devices, or in the Get iPhone section in iCloud.
Open the Locate My app.
- Tap Play sound on iOS
- Click Play Sound on iCloud
- To help you find them, an audio sound will be played from your AirPods. You can play the sound to the Right or Left AirPod.
- To stop the sound, tap Stop
How do you find your AirPods if you can’t find them?
You may get a No location found message when trying to locate your AirPods.
You won’t be capable of finding your AirPods if you don’t turn on Find My prior to them disappearing. Your AirPods won’t be able to be found if they aren’t fully charged. They won’t show up if they are out of range of an iOS device.
You won’t be able to play any sound to locate your AirPods if you get the No location found message. However, you may be able to find directions to the place where they were last connected.
We hate to tell you, but if none of these options work, it might be worth looking at new AirPods. There are many other wireless earbuds that can help you get back on track if you don’t like Apple. You can purchase a replacement AirPod from Apple if you have only one AirPod.