Your HomePod can be sold or given away by returning it to its factory settings. How to reset your HomePod Mini, or HomePod Mini with an iPhone/Mac computer.
How to reset the HomePod directly
Unplug the HomePod and wait 10 seconds. Hold down the middle button until three beeps are heard.
- Unplug your HomePod and wait ten seconds
- Connect your HomePod to the outlet.
- Hold the middle button for five seconds. Once the light on your device’s top turns red, you will see the
- Continue pressing the middle button until you hear three clicks.
- You can let Siri tell you to release the button when your device is asking for a reset. Your HomePod will chime to confirm that it has been reset.
Once you’ve reset your HomePod, you will need to set it back up again . You can find our step by_step guide to how to do this .
Resetting your HomePod using an iPhone
Open the Home App. Next, click and hold on the HomePod button. Scroll down until you see Reset HomePod > Remove Accessories. Wait for the HomePod’s chime to sound.
- Download the Home app to your iPad or iPhone. The yellow icon is for the house.
- Next tap and hold the HomePod that you want to reset. You can find it under your Favourite Accessories List.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Reset your HomePod.
- Then select Remove Accessory.
- Next tap
- Wait until your HomePod is reset. If your HomePod rings, it will be reset .
Resetting your HomePod Mini using a Mac
Connect your HomePod Mini to your Mac computer. Now, wait for the HomePod’s chime to start.
This only works for the HomePod Mini. The HomePod Mini does not have a USB-C connection so you cannot reset it with a Mac.
- Plug your HomePod Mini into your Mac. When your HomePod Mini is plugged into your Mac, the status light will turn orange.
- Next, create a Finder Window. You can do this by clicking on the half blue/half-grey face from your Dock or clicking on the desktop and pressing Command + N simultaneously.
- Next, select your HomePod from the left sidebar. This will be located under Locations. Scroll down to the left sidebar for more information.
Note : If the HomePod Mini does not appear in the left sidebar, click Finder in the menu bar. Next click Options to select the Sidebar tab.
- Next, click Restore Your HomePod.
Notification – You may need to install the most recent software update for your HomePod.
- Next, click In a pop-up window , restore
- Wait for the HomePod Mini to reset. This will depend on your internet speed.
- Disconnect your HomePod Mini from your Mac. Once you’re done, the orange light on the top of the HomePod Mini will turn off.