Google Chrome allows you to save your bookmarks, no matter if you’re just starting to use a new browser or just purchased a new computer. You can then import your bookmarks to another browser or computer, and it will look exactly like the old one. This is how to export, save and import Chrome bookmarks.
How to Export and Save Chrome Bookmarks
Open Chrome, navigate to Menu > bookmarks > bookmark manager. Next, click on the three-dot symbol and choose Export bookmarks. Next, select where you want to save your Chrome bookmarks.
- Click the icon with three vertical dots at the top-right corner of Chrome.
- Next, hover over Bookmarks. This will open a pop up menu.
- Next click Bookmark Manager. This will open a new tab.
- Click the icon with three vertical dots. This icon will be located under the Chrome address bars, next to the Bookmarks search box.
- Next click Export bookmarks. This will open either the File Explorer for Windows 10 or the Finder for Mac computers.
- Next, select a name and destination to save the file. You can save your HTML file to a flash drive, or to an external hard drive if you wish to transfer Chrome bookmarks to another computer. You can also save your Chrome bookmarks on your desktop and send it as an attachment to yourself.
After you have exported your Chrome bookmarks, it is possible to import them on a different computer. You can find out how by following the steps below:
How to Import Chrome Bookmarks
Open Chrome, navigate to Menu > bookmarks > Bookmark Manager, and click on the three-dot symbol. Click Import to select the HTML file that you have exported.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the icon with three vertical dots at the top-right corner.
- Next, go to Bookmarks > Bookmark Manager
- Next click on the three vertical dots in the search bar. This icon is located under the Chrome address bars, next to the Bookmarks search box.
- Next, click Import bookmarks. This will open the computer’s Open dialog box and prompt to load a file. To import Chrome bookmarks, choose the HTML file that you have saved.
- Select the saved bookmarks HTML file, and then click Open. All bookmarks will be imported.