Pop-ups can sometimes be annoying while browsing the internet. However, you may just want them to stop. This is how to disable it in Chrome.
Disable the Chrome Desktop pop-up blocker
This can be done on a Mac or Windows computer as well as a Chrome desktop/laptop.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Select the three dots in the upper-right corner.
- Next click Settings in the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom
- Click Site Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on Pop Ups or Redirects.
- . This toggle should be visible if it is blue with the text to its right reading Allowed.
Allow all pop-ups to Chrome. Enter a URL and click OK.
To add exceptions, you will need to disable your toggle at the top of the screen.
To remove items from the exclusions list, click the three dots to the right. Then, select Remove.
Allow pop-ups to be displayed on your iPhone
Chrome for iPhone can allow pop-ups to be enabled. These are the steps
- Get the Chrome app.
- You should tap the three dots at the bottom of the screen to open the Chrome menu. You can bookmark pages and view your history from this menu.
- Next, choose Settings. This icon is located at the bottom of the menu with a gear icon.
- Click on Content Settings. This icon is located at the bottom of the page and contains a gear icon.
- Then select Block Pop-ups.
- Turn off pop-ups by turning off the toggle. The toggle will turn grey if it is off.
Allowing Pop Ups on Android
These steps will enable pop-ups in Chrome for Android.
- Launch the Chrome app.
- Three dots at the top are what you need to tap. Here you can bookmark pages and view your history.
- Then select Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom, and tap Site Settings.
- Redirects or pop-ups.
- Toggle for Pop Ups or redirects on. The toggle will be grayed out to indicate that it is off.
Popups are annoying, but they must be visible.