It is a time-saver to know how to delete multiple contacts from iPhone simultaneously. The traditional method allows you to delete each contact separately.
We have good news for everyone, whether you are planning to give your iPhone to a loved one or accidentally synced with a friend’s contacts list and want to delete all the names.
- These are the top phones currently available
- Learn how you can make iPhone ringtones
- Here’s how you can check the iPhone battery health
Although this method is a bit more complicated than the one we will be explaining, it’s still better than removing each contact individually. It’s possible to delete multiple iPhone contacts in half as long as it takes manually. You can also free up some storage space on your device.
We have provided a step-by-step guide below on how to delete multiple contacts from iPhone in one shot. Before you begin, please ensure that you are near a computer that runs on macOS and Windows. Also, you have an iCloud account set up. Ready? Alright, let’s get started.
How to delete multiple contacts from iPhone
- Go to icloud.com from your browser, and log in to your iCloud account.
- 2. Enter a 6-digit two-factor authentication code. This code should be displayed on the iPhone.
- 3. Select Trust if you are using a private computer. This will ensure that you don’t have to enter a verification code every time you sign into the website.
- 4. Click the “Contacts” buttonas seen in the screenshot below.
- 5. You should now be able to view your Contacts list which is currently saved in your iCloud. You can now select which contacts you wish to delete.
You can use a Windows computer to hold Ctrl and then use your mouse to select as many contacts you wish. This allows you to choose the ones you don’t want to keep. You can also hold Shift to select the first and last contacts you want to delete.
On a macOS computer hold command keyas each contact is selected.
The right-hand side should show the selected contacts.
- 6. After you are satisfied with your selection click the “Delete” button in the bottom left corner. You can also press the Delete key (Del) on Windows or the Backspace key for Mac.
Next, confirm your selection by clicking on “Delete” once again in a popup window.
Voila! You’re all done.