There are two ways to delete an administrator account. Go to Settings > Family & Other Users, select a user and then click on Remove. Switch to Small Icons in Control Panel. Then, go to User accounts > Manage another account. Click on it to delete the account. Next, choose if you want the user’s files to be kept or deleted. How to delete an administrator account in Windows 10
How to delete an administrator account in Settings
- Click on the Windows Start button. It is located in the lower-left corner of your screen. It has the shape of the Windows logo.
- Click on Settings. This button is shaped like an icon of a gear.
- Next, choose Accounts.
- Select Family and other users. This information can be found in the left sidebar.
- Select the admin account that you wish to delete.
- Click on “Remove”.
Notification: To use the admin account, the user must sign off from the computer. His account will not be deleted yet.
- Next, click Delete account. This will delete all data. It is recommended that the user back up all of their files before doing this.
How to delete an administrator account in Control Panel
- Click on the magnifying glass icon at the lower-left corner.
- Type Control Panel in the Windows Search Bar.
- Switch the view to small icons.
- Click on User Accounts.
- Next, click Create a new account
- Select the user that you wish to remove as administrator.
- Click the to delete the account.
- Select Delete Files or keep files. Keep Files will create a folder with the user’s desktop files.
You now know how to delete administrator accounts on Windows 10. Check out our guide to see how to change administrator.