AirPods can seamlessly connect to iPhones and other Apple devices. They can be connected to any Bluetooth device, just like other Bluetooth devices. Here’s a step-by-step guide to pairing the two devices.
How to connect your AirPods to a Windows 10 Computer
Connect your AirPods with Windows 10 by placing them in the case. Once the light turns on, press and hold the button to activate the case. Next, navigate to Start > Devices > Bluetooth and other devices. Click Add Bluetooth or another device.
- Place your AirPods in their charging case. Close the case and wait for a few seconds.
Important: Don’t charge your AirPods too low. To get the best results, charge your AirPods until their battery level is at least 20%. You can check out this guide to learn how to check the battery level of your AirPods.
- Next, open the AirPods case. You can keep the AirPods in the case until you are done connecting them to your computer.
- Next, hold down the button on the charging case and wait for the LED to flash. Apple refers to the button at the back of the AirPods case as the Setup button. The LED light will be visible on the inside or front of your AirPods Pro case.
- Next, open the Windows Start menu. This is the Windows icon located in the lower-left corner.
- Next, click Settings. The gear icon is located above the power button.
- Click Devices. If this doesn’t work, expand the window or click the box icon at the top-right corner. Click the home icon at the top-left corner if you don’t still see Devices.
- Next click Bluetooth and other devices. This will be displayed in the left sidebar. However, it should already have been selected by default.
- Click Add Bluetooth, or any other devices. . This will be next to the plus sign at top of the window.
Make sure the slider under Bluetooth is on. If you don’t, your AirPods won’t connect to your computer.
- Next, choose Bluetooth. After selecting this type of device, you will see a list of available Bluetooth devices to connect to.
- Next, choose your AirPods. Your AirPods will pair with your Windows PC. A window should appear advising you that your device has been activated.
- Finally, click Done. You can now take your AirPods from the charging case and pair them with your Windows computer.
It might be difficult for you to connect your AirPods once they are connected to your Windows computer. Here’s how you can disconnect your AirPods from your Windows computer to ensure they connect to your iPhone and other devices.
How to disconnect your AirPods from a Windows 10 Computer
Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and other devices to disconnect your AirPods. Next, click on your AirPods to select Remove device. Next, click on Remove device and then click OK to disconnect your AirPods.
- Open Windows Start Menu.
- Next, choose Settings.
- Click Devices.
- Next, click Bluetooth and other devices.
- Then select your AirPods. They will be under Audio.
- Next, click Remove device.
- Click Yes finally to delete your AirPods.
You can connect your AirPods with ease using our step-by-step guide on how to rename your AirPods.