Your iPhone can be severely slowed down if you have too many tabs open in Safari. It can also be time-consuming to close each tab once in a while. This is how you can quickly close all Safari tabs open on your iPhone without opening Safari.
How to close all Safari tabs on your iPhone
Open Safari on your iPhone and tap the Tabsswitcher icon to close all Safari tabs. This icon is located in the bottom-right corner. To confirm, tap Close all XX Tabs.
- Open Safari on your iPhone. To locate the app, swipe down to the middle of your iPhone’s home screen and enter Safari in the search box.
- Next, tap and hold on the tab switcher icon. The tabs switcher icon appears as two squares that overlap in the lower-right corner.
- Next, select Close All XX Tabs.
- Final step: Tap Close All XX Tabs.
How to close all tabs on the Tab Switcher page
All open Safari tabs can be closed via the tab switch page. Open the Safari app, and then tap the Tabsswitcher button in the lower-right corner. Next, hold Done and select Closing All XX Tabs from the pop-up window.
How to close all tabs with the Settings app
To close all Safari tabs, open the settings app. Scroll down and choose Safari. Scroll down to tap Clear History and Website data. Next, tap Clear History & Data.
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Next, tap Safari. To find this option, you will need to scroll down.
- Next, choose Clear History and Website data. This option is located in the bottom section on the Safari settings page.
- Finally, tap Clear History & Data. All tabs will close when Safari opens again.
Check out this step-by-step guide to fix a problem with your iPhone.