These instructions will show you how to delete Google history from your Google Account. Chrome web browser You can access it from the Google iOS, Android app, or Google app.
How to delete your search history from Google Account
It’s simple to delete your search history if you use Google Search regularly while signing in to your Google Account.
- If you aren’t signed in, visit myaccount.google.com on a mobile or web browser and sign in to your Google account.
- Scroll down to Activity, timeline and select the Data/personalization category. Select My Activity. Enter your password if you have enabled two-factor authentication.
- Clear all Google search history by clicking the three horizontal dots located at the top right of the search box. Next, click Delete activity by.
- In the Delete Activities box, select All Time.
- You can choose which services you want to delete activity from or Select all to see all categories. Select Next.
- Select Delete in the confirmation box to permanently delete all your Google activity.
Clear Google Search History from Your Chrome Web browser on a Computer
Clear your Google Search History from Google Chrome if it is your primary web browser
- Chrome can be used on a laptop or desktop computer to open the browser.
- In the upper-right corner, select the three horizontal dots.
- Select from the drop-down menu. Next, select from the submenu.
- Select Clear browsing history to clear your search history from a particular time period.
- To clear your history, click the Time range tab and select All times. Clear the checkboxes next to the items that you wish to keep.
- Select Clear data.
- To clear an item, select the three horizontal dots to its right. Then choose Remove from History.
Clear Google History From Your Chrome Web Browser Android
You can delete your search history if you use Google Chrome on your Android.
- Open the Chrome web browser app for Android.
- At the upper-right corner, tap the three horizontal dots. Then tap History.
- To clear all of your search histories, click Clear browsing data. To clear specific search items, scroll down and tap the magnifying glasses to search for them. Then, tap the X to the right of it.
- To clear the entire history tap the Time range dropdown arrow. Select All Time. If you don’t want to clear them, you can also clear the boxes beside the items below.
- Tap Clear Data in the lower-right corner.
Clear Google Search History from Your iOS Web Browser
You can delete your search history in Google Chrome for iPhone and iPad.
- Open the Chrome web browser app for your iPhone or iPad.
- Click the three horizontal dots in the bottom menu.
- In the submenu, tap History.
- Tap Clear Search History to clear your search history.
- Select a time period from the menu on the next tab. You can delete all your history by leaving it at All Time.
- Check Browsing history. Tap it to check it. Tap to uncheck or check any of the items.
- Tap Clear Browsing Data, then tap it again to confirm that you wish to clear the data.
Clearance on Individual Items
Sometimes you may want to keep certain items or items from your history for a longer time. These steps will help you clear search items:
- Tap Edit on the History Tab.
- Scroll down to find the item you wish to delete, then tap on the circle next to it to add a checkmark.
- Tap to delete from the lower-left corner.
- Tap Done at the upper-right corner.
Clear Google Search History from the Google App for Android and iOS
Clear your search history if you are using the official Android Google App for all your searches. Go to More > Search activity then follow the steps to delete your activity.
To clear your Google Search History, set up Auto-Delete
Google’s auto delete controls can be used to clear your search history and web activity using either a mobile browser or the Google app for Android. Here’s how.
- Go to the App Activity page using a web browser.
- Select Auto-Delete.
- Select the Auto delete activity older than an option. Then, choose a time period from the drop-down menu. You have the option to delete activity older than three months, 18 or 36 months.
- Select Next.
- To save your changes, select and confirm.