Smart TVs can also store caches, just like mobile devices and computers. Your Smart TV’s memory and resources are not nearly as big as your mobile device or computer.
It doesn’t take much to fill up your storage space with popular streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and many other applications that are available for Smart TVs. To free up storage space on your device, it is a good idea to periodically clear these cache files.
Let’s now look at this comprehensive guide to clearing the cache on Samsung, LG, and Apple TVs.
How do I clear the cache on my TV?
Rebooting your Smart TV is the best way to clear cache files. Turn off the TV’s power socket and turn it. Turn it on again after letting it turn off for between 30-60 seconds. This will allow you to reset the system memory and refresh your device. It clears all of your most recently viewed apps and deletes any stored session data.
You can also delete specific caches and applications depending on the Smart TV settings. To do so,
To close the application, click on the X symbol in the upper-right corner.
You can hover over your most recently viewed section of an app.
To exit the application and clear the cache files, click on the X symbol.
Clearing the cache on LG Smart TV
The majority of LG Smart TVs have two caches, the App and Browser Caches. If you still experience performance lag after trying the above methods, it might be worth clearing browser and app caches.
Clear App Cache
You might have multiple apps installed on your devices, such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, or Hulu. These apps could create separate cache files that can eat up storage space. Please note that it is not possible to clear all caches at once. Clearing caches will be done app-by-app. To do so,
- Navigate to your Home Screen, then to System Settings.
- Choose the Application Manager option.
- It will now display a list of preloaded and installed apps.
- You can clear the cache of any app you wish.
- Click on the Clear Cache button.
Clear Browser Cache
LG Smart TV has a built-in web browser, which allows you to surf the internet. The browser stores browsing history, caches, and cookies just like other web browsers. Clear the browser cache
- Use the built-in web browser.
- The Menu icon can be found in the upper-right corner.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Turn on Private Browsing.
- Choose the Clear Browsing Data button at the bottom.
- Click OK to confirm.
How do I clear cache on Apple TV
Apple TV doesn’t have a cache clearing feature built into it. These files can only be cleared by uninstalling and reinstalling the apps from your Apple TV. This is how it works.
- Open the Settings option on your Apple TV.
- Go to General > Manage Storage.
- Click on the bin icon to install your favorite application.
- All data and applications will be deleted from your device.
- Go back to the App Store to install the app again on your Apple TV.
Clearing the cache on Samsung Smart TV
These are the steps to follow in order to delete your browser and app caches from your Samsung Smart TV.
Clear App Cache
Many Samsung Smart TV users are concerned that they cannot clear their app cache. This is because most Samsung TVs have removed the setting feature.
Another way to clear cache files is to uninstall the app and reinstall it on your device. To do so,
- Navigate to the Apps Icon
- Click the Gear icon in the upper-right corner.
- Clear Cache can be used for any app.
- From the drop-down menu, click on Reinstall.
You can also reset your device back to the factory settings if it is not grayed out. This will clear the cache and remove any app cache.
Clear Browser Cache
This guide will show you how to clear your browser cache from Samsung TV.
- Open your Browser Application.
- Click the three horizontal lines in the upper-right corner.
- Click on the Settings button. Browser Settings Smart TV
- From the left panel, select the Privacy and Security tab.
- At the bottom section, select the Delete Browsing Data button. Delete-Browsing-Data
How can I clear the cache on Android TV?
Clearing out cache files on Android TV is easy if you are using it. Here’s how to do it.
- Turn on your Android TV, and then go to Settings.
- Scroll down to select Apps.
- Click on the Application to Clear the Cache
- Click on Clear Cache now
Notification: Clear Data is also available if you are still having issues with your AndroidTV.
How to free up storage space on your Smart TV?
Uninstalling all unneeded applications is one of the best ways to clear your storage space. You can also do a quick factory reset if you are still short of storage. This will restore you to the default settings.
How can I speed up my smart TV?
There may be other reasons that your Smart TV is not working as well or running slowly. These are some ways to speed up your Smart TV and stop it from lagging.
- Your Smart TV should be next to your internet router.
- Uninstall unused applications
- All background applications must be closed.
- Upgrade your Internet Plan for a faster connection.
- Deactivate Automatic App Updates
- Make sure you update your software to the most recent version
- Factory reset your device