Windows Media Player (WMP) is a program developed by Microsoft to organize and play your audio and video tracks. It’s only available by Windows. Windows operating system. By using this app allows you to easily access all media files, including videos, images, and music documents stored on local storage or CDs, as well as external drives. It comes with the capability of synchronizing digital media using a mobile media player. It is easy to download media files via the Microsoft site for no cost. Windows Media Player allows you to share its content using other devices, such as televisions via Google Chromecast.
In some cases, we’d like to transfer these movies or other media on the computer to a television. There are many ways to accomplish this. If you’re already a Chromecast user and want to do this in a matter of minutes by using Chromecast. Windows Media Player on your computer
How to Install Windows Media Player on Windows?
As a default, all Windows device is equipped with Windows Media Player as the default media player. If you’ve uninstalled it or lost it due to any reason, here’s how to set up Windows Media Player to Windows.
First step: Click right-click at the Windows icon located in the bottom right corner.
Step 2. The menu that displays a variety of choices appears. Select the Settings.
Step 3. It will bring up The Windows Settings screen. Select the apps you would like to install.
Step 4: Choose the Apps as well as the Options option.
- Click Options Specific Features in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Click “+ Add” a new feature icon on the Manage Features with Options screen.
Step 7 7. The optional screen for features is displayed. Scroll down to select Windows Media Player. Windows Media Player application.
Step 8 8. Step 8: The Windows Media Player tab expands by displaying information in the display. Click the Installbutton. The Windows Media Player option disappears from the Features available screen.
- Click the Back icon to lead you to an optional feature screen.
Step 10: In this step, you will see Windows Media Player installing. After the installation has been completed it will appear on the list. The app appears in the list.
Step 11: Click to open your Windows icon on the left of your taskbar.
Step 12: Locate your Windows Media Player in the section that was recently added.
Step 13: Click on Windows Media Player to start it in your windows.
This method is only used to install the Windows Media Player application to Windows 10 computers.
Chromecast Windows Media Player
Windows Media Player doesn’t support Google Chromecast directly. It is necessary to install the most recent version of Chrome Browser in order to broadcast Windows Media Player contents with the Chromecast device.
Step 1: Connect the Google Chromecast device using the HDMI connector on your TV.
Step 2: Connect your Chromecast device and your PC on each other on the identical WiFinetwork.
Step 3. Step 3: Open Step 3: Open the Google Chrome browser on your desktop or computer.
- Click on the menu icon in the upper right corner.
Step 5: Click on the Cast option.
Step 6: It will find the open Chromecast device that is connected to the Chromecast.
Step 7: Click on the Source drop-down button.
Step 8: Select the option to CastDesktop option.
Step 9: Select your Chromecast-connected device from the list.
Step 10: A pop-up window opens with the whole screen in the cast.
Step 11: Go to the screen, and then select the Share option.
Step 12: Then start the Windows Media player and select the video you want to play.
Step 13: The video running on Windows Media Player in the computer will be streamed to the Chromecast hooked TV.
Windows Media Player does not offer the casting option directly, which means you will need to make use of the Chrome browser. You can access all your videos, photos, and audio tracks that are stored on local storage CDs, SD cards, and external drives using this method. However, it is not able to access the media files that are found on DVDs. This is due to some copyright limitations.
Cast Local Files On TV Through Chromecast Device
Now is the time to create an effective and secure setup that integrates Chromecast with Windows media player. In this case, you must make use of the Chrome browser. Google Chrome browser to cast windows media player’s screen using Chromecast device. Chrome browser functions as a bridge the connection between Windows media player as well as Chromecast device that allows you to cast screen from computer to television.
- To set up Chromecast connect to your Google Chromecast device with the HDMI port of your television.
- Connect to Chromecast and your PC to an identical WiFi network.
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your computer’s desktop or your desktop.
- Click on the Menu icon located in the upper right corner. Then once more click on the ” Cast” option.
- It will now look for devices that are available Chromecast connected devices.
- Select the Source drop-down menu and then select the “Cast Desktop” option from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the Chromecast connected device from the drop-down list
- You will now be presented with a pop-up window for all the screencasts.
- Select the screen and select the share option.
- Now, start Windows Media player. Open Windows Media player
- When you have followed the instructions in the previous paragraphs After you have followed the above steps, videos streaming on Windows Media Player on the PC using Windows Media Player will be streamed on your Chromecast hooked TV.
- Done!! So you can stream any film or video on television using the Chromecast on your PC.