You don’t need to have a monotonous alarm sound for your day. You can pick from a wide range of preset sounds, vibration sounds, and an ever-growing Tone Store to find the right alarm sound to wake you up with renewed energy. You can personalize your alarm tone by choosing your favorite Apple Music song as your alarm sound, or even creating custom vibration sounds. Let me now show you how to change the alarm sound on your iPhone to suit your preferences.
iPhone 2022: Customize and change alarm sounds
The more options available to customize alarm sounds, the better. The stock clock app, complete with useful widgets, doesn’t disappoint in this regard. The ability to create custom vibration sounds is something that I find fascinating. Although I am not a good artist, I still try to create custom beats. This is especially helpful when I hear loud alarms that are too loud for my ears. Apart from that, I find the ability to set any voice message as my alarm quite fascinating. This article will cover each one. Feel free to refer to the table of contents below for the sections that are most relevant to you.
Table of Contents
iOS: Change alarm sounds
It’s easy to change alarm sounds on iOS.
- Open the Clock app on your iPhone. Next, click the Alarm tab towards the bottom of the screen. After that, choose the alarm you wish to edit.
- Tap the Sound option on the Edit alarm screen. You should see a list of alarm sounds on the next screen. To play a particular sound, you can scroll through it and tap it. Tap Classic to choose your favorite vintage alarm sounds, such as Duck, Bark, and Crickets.
- After you have chosen the alarm you want, click the back button in the upper left corner of your screen. To confirm the changes, hit Save.
Play an Apple Music song as your alarm
You can also select a song from Apple Music to be your alarm sound. This tip would be great if you love a particular track and listen to it often.
- Open the Clock App -> Alarm Tab at bottom of screen -> Specific alarm -> Sound.
- Tap Select a Song under the Songs Section. Next, choose a song you have downloaded from your Apple Music Library.
iPhone: Change the vibration sound of your alarm
iOS has a good selection of vibration sounds like Accent, S.O.S., Symphony, Accent, and Heartbeat. You can also set an even more pleasant alarm sound to your iOS device.
- Launch the clock app on your iPhone -> alarm tab near the bottom of the screen. -> edit alarm
- Tap Vibration on the top, and then select the vibration sound you prefer.
- Next, tap the back button ()twice. Finally, hit Save for a final touch.
- The clock app lets you set your alarm to either vibrate or make a sound.
- You also have the option of customizing your iPhone’s alarm sound to vibrate or alert you via sound.
Make a custom vibration sound for your iPhone alarm
You may be a fan of customization and want to make custom vibration sounds for your iOS device’s alarms. It’s not difficult, even if you think it will be tedious.
- Launch the clock app on your iOS device -> alarm tab at the bottom of the screen. Select the alarm that you wish to modify and Sound.
- Tap on Vibration and then hit Make a New Vibration.
- Next, tap the screen to create a vibratory pattern. To create a unique vibration pattern for your iPhone, you will need to use all of your beat tuning skills.
- To listen to your custom vibration, tap Play in the lower-left corner. To confirm your creation, tap Save in the top right corner ->. Give your custom vibration a name and hit Save. Your custom vibrations will be displayed under the Custom section of the Vibration screen.
You can add a custom alarm sound to your iPhone
The Clock app allows you to download new tones, regardless of whether you don’t like the preset alarm sounds or want to create your own. Apple Tone Store offers a wide range of high-quality tone options that are affordable.
- Go to your iOS device and go to the clock app -> alarm tab near the bottom of the screen. Select the alarm you want to modify.
- To dive into Apple’s vast library of tones, tap Tone Store.
- Next, browse the Tone Store or download/buy the tones which suit your tastes. After that, choose the tone you prefer to use as your alarm sound.
Make your iPhone’s alarm sound like a voice memo
A voice memo can be used as an alarm sound to customize your environment. Although it is a tedious process, the final result is worth it.
What is the minimum requirement for this hack, then? It requires audio to be set as your iPhone’s alarm sound ( free). This app is compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and iOS 15.
- Open Voice Memos from your device. Next, tap on the small circle with three dots near the recording. Choose Save To Files from the share sheet. Next, save the recording in the Files app to the desired location.
- Now, open GarageBand and select a preferred instrument. Next, tap the icon in the upper left corner.
- Next, click the loop icon in the upper right corner.
- Next, tap on the Files tab to import your recording into GarageBand. Edit the audio and then export it.
Your recording will now appear under the Ringtones section. You can use it as both an iPhone ringtone and an alarm sound. We have a separate guide on how to convert a voice note into an iPhone ringtone. This guide will walk you through each step.
Enhancing the Voice Memo can help if your voice memo isn’t quite right before you set it up as your alarm sound.
Settings App on iPhone allows you to change the volume of your alarm.
The Settings app on iOS allows you to adjust the volume of your alarm.
- Start the Settings app and select Sounds, Haptics, and Sounds.
- To adjust the volume of your alarm, drag the slider to the left or right under the Ringer & Alerts section. Your device will play an alarm as you drag the slider.
Use Volume Buttons to Adjust the Alarm Volume on iPhone
To adjust the volume of your iPhone’s alarm, you can also use its volume buttons. You must enable the “Change with Buttons toggle” option in the Sounds & Haptics settings.
- Open the Settings app and choose Sounds and Haptics.
- Make sure that the toggle next Change With Buttons is turned on. To fine-tune your alarms’ sound, you can now use the volume up/down buttons.
You can personalize the iPhone’s alarm sounds to suit your liking
That’s it! This is how you can personalize the iPhone’s alarm sound. You can choose a soothing song to play as your alarm sound or a more traditional sound. Or you can create a custom vibration. You have so many options to customize your alarm, it won’t be boring. Have any comments or questions about this guide? If you are looking for more useful tips, make sure to leave your feedback in the comments below.