Where can you find Bryan Cranston, Jake Gyllenhaal and Jeremy Irons to whisper in the ear of your child? Amazon’s Audible audiobooks are the most popular in the world. Do you feel that this makes it difficult to cancel your Audible subscription? Let’s look at the steps to canceling an Audible subscription.
If you’re an audiobook enthusiast, then “Is Audible Worth It?” is a legitimate question. There may be a valid reason for you to cancel your Audible account. Is it one of the following?
Reasons to cancel an Audible subscription
Audible is a great option for audiobook enthusiasts. However, there may be some negative aspects that you find. Your main reason might be one of them.
- The monthly subscription for Audible is too costly for the one-month credit.
- You do not like Audible’s recommendation system, as it does NOT surface the titles you require.
- The purpose of the app has changed.
- When you read, you are more likely to understand.
- There are less expensive alternatives to Audible audiobooks .
Audible allows you to cancel your subscription quickly and easily, even if it is not on the list.
How to cancel an audiobook subscription
After you’ve determined the reason for canceling your Audible subscription, you can proceed to cancel it. The simple steps will be explained first, then we will discuss some additional guidelines.
- Log in to the Audible desktop site. You can’t cancel a subscription via the Audible tablet app or phone.
- Click on the dropdown next to your name, and choose Account Details.
- Click Cancel membership in the “View member details” section.
- Audible will then ask for feedback about the reason for your cancellation. Please explain your reasons and then click the Cancel membership button.
- Amazon might offer you an option depending on your location and cancellation reasons. It might offer you a prepaid membership plan rather than a recurring plan. You might also be offered a “special” plan to encourage you to keep going. If you don’t want the service, continue the cancellation process.
- Sign again into Amazon Audible to confirm your cancellation. As proof of your cancellation, you will receive an automated email after you cancel.
You must cancel your subscription to Audible before you can cancel
Before you hit that orange cancel button, take a moment to read these points. Amazon highlights these points on its Help page.
- Only the monthly recurring plans can be canceled. They will expire.
- The desktop site allows you to cancel your membership. You can’t cancel any plans through the mobile apps. However, you can still access the site from the desktop versions of Chrome and Safari.
- Unused credit can be canceled along with your subscription. Before you cancel, make sure that you use them. They can’t be transferred to anyone else.
- Listen to your audiobook collection. You can still download your old audiobooks.
- Cancel prior to the next billing cycle. Manage your online subscriptions before the next payment cycle begins. You can also cancel your subscription during the trial period if it is not necessary to continue with the next payment cycle.
- You will still be able purchase Audible books but you won’t have access to special discounts, offers, or special Audible features, such as an exchange or return policy.
5 Options to Cancel Your Audible account
The 1-month Audible trial period, which includes your choice of books, is the perfect first step to determine if this service is right for you. Now let’s suppose you’re unsure if this is the right service for you. The most common reason is lack of time.
It’s possible to give it another shot before you decide to go nuclear. Here are some suggestions.
- Switch to a less expensive plan. Personalize your subscription to suit your listening habits. Audible offers several membership options. You can also switch between plans at any moment. Below “Your Membership”, click the switch membership link.
- Take a break. Some markets (like U.S and U.K.) allow you to suspend your membership. However, this is only possible if your monthly recurring plan is in place. An account can be put on hold for up to 12 months. This can take anywhere from one to three months. The membership fee will not be charged, but you will not receive new credits or access to audio shows.
- Get a special offer from Audible when you cancel. It could be an incentive to listen to audiobooks for three more months at a substantial discount. You might even find that a good motivational audiobook can make a huge difference in your daily life.
- Use an Amazon Promotional Code. This will allow you to lower your membership fees as well as increase the reach of your association with the service. Find Amazon promotional codes.
- Use Family Library Sharing to tune others. To share audiobooks, you can create an Amazon Household Library .
Saying goodbye to Audible
It might be time to cut the cord. Perhaps you don’t have the patience or time to make an audiobook. The cancellation process can sometimes be overwhelming due to the difficult-to-find button. Amazon makes it easy for you to let go. Amazon does try to hold onto you, but it is not perfect. It uses a simple, blue “text button” rather than a red-hot one.