It can be frustrating to get text messages that you don’t like. We will show you how you can block text messages from one caller, or group messages, on your iPhone.
How to stop text messages from any number on your iPhone
Open the Messages App and choose a text message from the number you wish to block. Next, tap on the profile icon at the top of the screen and select a text message that comes from the selected number to block.
- Open SMS on your iPhone. To search the app, swipe to the right from your iPhone’s home screen and then use the search bar at the top.
- Send a text message at the number you wish to block
- Next, tap the profile icon at the top of your screen.
- Next tap the info button. This will be under your phone number to the right.
- Next tap Block this Caller. You may need to scroll down.
- Next, click Block contact in the pop up menu.
You will see Unblock Caller in the bottom of your screen. This means that the number has been blocked.
Alternatively you can visit Settings > SMS> Blocked Contacts.
How to remove a group of text from an iPhone
To remove a group message, open the Messages app. Next scroll down to the bottom and click the slider next to Leave Conversation.
- Open the iPhone Messages app.
- Next select the group text you want to block
- Next, tap the profile icons at the top of your screen.
- Next tap Leave this Conversation
- Next tap Leave this Conversation in the Pop-up
- Select Done. It will appear in upper-right corner on your screen
Some conversations cannot be deleted. Not all conversations can be left.
After you end a conversation, notifications via group texts will not be sent to your mobile device. You will still be able receive calls and to see individual messages from other members.
If you don’t want to leave the conversation, but still wish to see the messages, you can hide the alerts. Highlight the group conversation with a crescent moon icon.