research shows that nearly half of all mobile phone calls are frauds. It’s easy to block numbers from your iPhone, whether you wish to stop receiving robocalls and/or you have someone you don’t want to talk to. Here are the steps to block a number from your iPhone.
How to block a number that has recently called you:
- Tap the Phone icon on the Home screen. Here you can view the most recent list of numbers that have called your phone or those you have called.
- Click the Recents button then All. This will sort the list with the most recent calls at its top.
- Tap on the “i” icon at the right of the number that you wish to block. Here you can get more information and options about what you can do with the number.
- Scroll down and click Block this Caller. After you tap this, the pop-up screen with the following note will appear:
People on the block list will not call, message, or FaceTime you.
- Tap Block Contact. You can also tap Cancel if you change your mind. You can unblock a number later by following the exact steps but selecting Unblock this caller instead of Blocking this caller.
How to block a number in your Contacts List
- Click on your Home screen, then click on Contacts. You can find Contacts in your Phone app if you don’t see them on your Home screen or if you are unable to find them. Near Recents, you’ll find Contacts in the bottom menu.
- Click on the number or contact you wish to block.
- Next, tap Block this Caller. You will be asked to confirm your action on a pop-up screen.
Notification: No one on the block list will call, message, or FaceTime you.
- Tap Block Contact and the number will go to the Blocked List. Click Cancel if you have changed your mind, or tapped an incorrect number.
How to block spam calls using 3 rd_Party Apps
- Download a robocall blocking app from the App store.
- Click on Settings > Phone.
- Call blocking & identification.
- Tap the scroll bar near the name of the app to enable it. The app will be enabled once the button to its right is green.
These third-party apps block spam numbers automatically. You can locate blocked numbers in these third-party apps and unblock them.
FaceTime: How to block a contact
- Click Settings > FaceTime. Wait for the rest to load.
- Tap Blocked. This will display all blocked numbers that are unable to FaceTime with you.
- Next tap on Add New. You will then be redirected back to your Contacts.
- To add a contact to your FaceTime blocked list, tap the phone number. The number or email you have blocked will no longer be able to reach you via FaceTime.
How to block a number/contact via Messages
- Click Settings > Messages. The menu for the Messages app will be found on the next screen.
- Tap Blocked Contacts. This will display all blocked numbers that are unable to send you messages.
- Tap to Add New. You will then be redirected back to your Contacts.
- Select the contact that you wish to add to your Messages Blocked list. This number won’t be able to send you messages.
- Scroll to your Home screen, and tap Messages. This will bring up all of the SMS and MMS messages that you have received or sent.
- Start a conversation with the contact that you wish to block.
- Tap the arrow next to the contact number at top of the message or conversation thread. The small menu that appears will contain the options audio, FaceTime and information.
- Tap info. The contact’s detail screen will open.
- To the right of the number, tap the small arrow. You will see more options for what you can do with the number in the Details screen.
- Next, tap Block This Caller at the bottom of your screen. To confirm, tap Block Contact. You can also choose to cancel this action, just like with the other methods.
Another way to block messages is:
How to block calls from people not on your contact list
- Navigate to Settings and click Do Not Disturb.
- Allow the Do not Disturb feature. The following notification is available:
If Do Not Disturb is enabled, any calls or alerts received while blocked will be silenced and a moon icon will display in the status bar.
- Tap Allow Calls from and makes sure to check All Contacts. This will block any calls from unknown callers and numbers that are not in your Contact List.
- Your Blocked List contacts and random numbers will not be able send you messages.
- You will not be notified if they leave voicemails.
- The owners or contacts of blocked numbers won’t be notified about their blocked call or messages.
How to Unblock A Number
These steps will allow you to unblock a number you have accidentally blocked.
- Open Settings.
- Tap Phone
- Select Blocked Contacts
- Tap the Unblock button and swipe left to find the number.
- Filtering unwanted or spam messages is another way to avoid being bombarded by Spam. Go to Settings, then tap Messages. Scroll down to enable Filter Unknown Subscribers. This will remove notifications from messages sent by unknown senders, and it will also place their messages in a separate list.
- Spam messages can also be reported, even if they are not on your Contacts list. Simply open the message and click on the Report Junk link. To confirm, click the Report Junk and Delete buttons in the pop-up menu. This will send the message along with your contact details to Apple. It will also delete your message. However, this will not prevent the sender of future messages from reaching you. You will still need to add it to your Blocked List by using any of these methods.
You can block a number by visiting our article.