Millions of people used Hotmail. It is estimated that 306 million emails are being sent each day. However, if your Hotmail account doesn’t work properly, it might not be so hard to imagine such an existence.
Sometimes it can be frustrating not to receive your Hotmail emails. This guide will help you get your email back on track.
Why is Hotmail not the Problem
Hotmail does not cause email problems. Hotmail was shut down in 2013.
Microsoft switched all Hotmail users over to Outlook.com this summer. However, original Hotmail users could keep their email addresses. Outlook hosts the email account.
Hotmail Troubleshooting – Software, Device, Security
There are three reasons why your email may not work:
- Your tablet, iPhone, or Android device is experiencing problems.
- Your email program or app isn’t working correctly.
- Outlook could have a problem.
Problems with Your Device
Your hardware might be faulty. Check that your computer or phone is connected to the Internet.
It is possible that your app for viewing your email has issues. Make sure to have your login information including your username, password, and email address.
Other software could also be causing problems. Windows Live Mail ended January 10, 2017. Hotmail accounts are compatible with Outlook on the Web, Outlook on the Mac, and Outlook for Windows.
You may have lost your password in the past. This could be a problem with your Outlook account. This will force you to log in to your email applications again.
It’s usually not difficult to spot a problem with your password. However, it is possible that someone else has gained account access. This could be dangerous.
A suggestion: Sign in to Outlook.com before you try any of these solutions. You can use your username and password to log in to Outlook.com to confirm that the problem is resolved.
You should never share your username or password with anyone. Longer passwords are more secure.
Windows 10 & macOS: Let’s fix Hotmail
I can help you if your Hotmail doesn’t work with Windows 10 or macOS.
Scroll down for my solutions to Android and iPhone email issues!
Hotmail Not Working On Mail App macOS
Hotmail might not work in the Mail app on macOS. It is possible to delete your account and create a new one.
- Open the Mail App.
- To Access Accounts, Click Email.
- Choose your Hotmail account.
- Click the Uncheck button.
- You may add your Hotmail account as a Hotmail account to another Hotmail Account by going to Mail -> Add Accounts-> Outlook.
- Enter your Hotmail account details to log in to macOS Mail App.
Internet Accounts System preferences may require that you delete the account.
Outlook Web Not Supporting Hotmail
The outlook may not be working if there is a problem with your password.
- Navigate To outlook.live.com
- Register using your Hotmail email address.
- Forgot your password? Go to Microsoft’s Recovery Page.
- If you are unable to perform any of these steps, you can check your Internet connection.
Windows 10 and Mac OS Outlook apps do not work with Hotmail
Hotmail might not work with Outlook for Windows 10 and macOS. You may need to delete your account and create a brand new one in order to fix the problem.
- Launch the Outlook Application.
- Click File to delete your Hotmail account -> Manage profile -> Email accounts
- Select your Hotmail account and click Remove.
- Once the profile is deleted, go back to Outlook and click on File.
- Click Register an account Add your Hotmail email address again. Enter the password that you have associated with your account
Gmail Hotmail not working
If you have a Hotmail account that isn’t working and are using Gmail to send emails, you may need to delete the account and re-setup your Hotmail account in Gmail.
- Navigate to https://mail.google.com
- To view all settings -> Accounts and to import, click Settings
- Use the Send mail as a list to locate your Hotmail address.
- Click Enter your Hotmail account details to add an additional email address.
Hotmail Mail for Windows 10 Not Working
If your Hotmail account isn’t functioning, you will need to remove it from the Mail app on Windows 10.
- Open Mail
- To open the Settings pane click or tap on the gear icon at the lower left.
- To manage your accounts, click
- To access your Hotmail account, click here
- Tap or click To remove your account from this device’s screen, click or tap
- You can delete an account and then add it back to your account by going to Manage Accounts.
- Click Register to enter your Hotmail username/password.
Hotmail Fixing with iPhone and Android
Hotmail problems can be fixed using these apps in the same manner as Windows 10 and macOS. These are fixes for popular apps like Mail for iPhone, Outlook, and Gmail.
Hotmail Not Working On Mail for iPhone
Hotmail might not work in the Mail App For iPhone. Hotmail accounts may not work in the Mail App for iPhone.
- Open Settings.
- Navigate To Passwords and Accounts.
- Hotmail Account Information
- Tap to delete your account.
- Go Settings->Mail -> Accounts->Add account for Hotmail.
Hotmail is not working in Outlook iOS and Android
Hotmail might not work in your mobile Outlook app. To delete an account and to create a new one, you will need to do so.
- Open Outlook from your Android or iPhone.
- Tap the account icon in the upper left corner to open the side-pane.
- To open Outlook settings tap the Gear in the bottom pane.
- To open your Hotmail account, click on the Hotmail icon.
- Scroll down, and click Delete Account.
- Once the account has been deleted, return to your main screen by tapping on the account icon. Next tap the envelope with a plus sign beside it.
- Your screen will display a pop-up window. To link your Hotmail account to your new account, tap Create an account.
Hotmail Not Working In Gmail for Android
Hotmail accounts not working in Gmail App
- Open Gmail App.
- Click the link to your profile picture in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Manage your accounts for this device.
- To activate Hotmail, click on
- Tap for account deletion
- Click on the profile picture in Gmail to delete the account. Then, tap Add another Account.
- Re-add your Hotmail account.
Hotmail is not working in Gmail iPhone
This is a very different way to do it on Android.
- Open Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Click Hotmail to open it.
- Click on “Delete Account”.
- To delete an account, return to the previous menu and tap Register Account.
- Re-enter your Hotmail details.
Now you can manage your email like a professional with Hotmail.
Please share this article with anyone who needs assistance to get their Hotmail email back up and running.