You might consider taking a look at the comments you have posted to YouTube over time if you are a regular YouTube user. You might want to delete or edit some. This article doesn’t address comments made to your YouTube channel by other people, but comments you have posted on YouTube. How can you do that?
Continue reading to learn how you can view your YouTube comments history and tips for editing or deleting particular comments.
Why would you want to see your past YouTube comments?
You’ve probably posted thousands or hundreds of comments on YouTube videos if you watch a lot. This is something you might consider:
- Commentaries that are not relevant to recent developments should be deleted
- You can delete comments you find offensive, rude or disrespectful to other users.
- Correct typos in comments you have posted.
- To add new or more pertinent information, edit a comment.
- You can save a comment to share it with other people outside of YouTube.
It’s simple to locate your comments and make edits or deletes as you wish. This article refers to messages you have posted.
How to view/edit/disable YouTube comment history in a browser (Windows, Linux and macOS).
The operating system you use to manage YouTube comments is irrelevant. You can make changes using any browser. This works regardless of whether you are using Windows, macOS Linux, Linux or another OS. These steps will allow you to modify comments on YouTube.
- If you have not already signed in, open your browser and go to YouTube.
- Go to the top-left corner and click on the hamburger icon. The dropdown menu displays the most popular videos, your subscriptions and your settings.
- Select History from the dropdown menu.
On the right side is a section called “MANAGE ALL HISTORY”. Click on the “Comments” tab. If you click on “Manage All History”, your Google Activity page will open instead.
- All comments are displayed chronologically. Your most recent comments will be displayed first. Click on the X at the bottom of the listing to delete a comment.
- To edit a comment click on the Link “Commented on …”” link.
- The link specified in Step 6 opens the video’s page. On the video’s page, your comments are highlighted.
- To edit your comment click on the (three vertical dots), at the far right of the video page.
- To make modifications to your comment, select “Edit“.
- Make any necessary edits, and then choose to “Save.”
How to view/edit/disable your YouTube comment history on iOS
Track and manage YouTube comments on your iPhone, iPad or iPod using a browser.
Manage YouTube Comments with the iOS App
This is how to delete all your YouTube comments from iOS.
- Sign in to YoutTube comments by visiting the Google My Activity Page.
- When you are prompted to open YouTube’s page, choose “Cancel” to view your history in Google My Actrivity.
- Tap the video to add the comment.
- Click on the “verticalellipsis ” (three vertical dots in the upper-right corner). Select and then “Delete.”
Managing YouTube comments using the iOS App
- If you are not already logged in, launch the “iOS YouTube App” . Enter your Google/YouTube account credentials for sign in. In the top-right corner, tap on your profile icon.
- Select “Your Data in YouTube” to be taken from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll up until you reach the “Your YouTube dashboard”, then tap on to access additional data options.
- Click the “## Comments” link located just below the “## Subscriptions (Public)” link.
- Your Google “My Activity” menu loads on the “Your YouTube comments” page.
- Scroll up until you find the comment that you wish to delete. To open the video’s page, tap on the or the video thumbnail>.
To open the comments section, tap on the icon.
- Your comment should appear at top. If not scroll up until it appears. To access all your options, tap on the (three vertical dots).
- Select “Delete.” There’s no CONFIRMATION prompt for deleting comments. It is deleted once it has been deleted.
You may not be able to find a comment in the history of a channel. Or, you might have forgotten that you deleted it. If comments violate YouTube policies, admins and YouTube automation tools can delete them. All discussions under a channel will disappear if the owner deletes it.
Android: View, Edit, or Delete your YouTube Comment History
You used to have to visit YouTube’s comment history via a browser. But now you can access and manage them directly within the YouTube app. YouTube does launch a Chrome browser, but the app is still available.
- Sign in to your Android device by opening the “YouTube ” app.
- In the upper-right corner of the screen, click on the “profile”.
- Select “Settings.”
- Select History & Privacy.
- Select Manage all activity from the expanded list.
- Tap the hamburger menu icon (three horizontallines) at the top-left.
- Select “Other Google Activity.”
- You will find this section at the bottom of the page. Click on to “View Comments.”
- Scroll through all your comments in the new “Your YouTube Comments” page to find the one that interests you.
- Tap on the three vertical dots in the upper-right corner to delete a comment. Next, tap “Delete.” To edit an existing comment, go to Step 11.
- To edit a comment tap the link “Commented on” to open the video’s comments pages.
- To open the options, tap the (three vertical dots), which will bring up your comment.
- Next, choose ‘Edit. Make any necessary adjustments or corrections. Then press ‘Enter/Return. to save your changes.
This process can be tedious as you can see from the steps above, but it does the job! Now you can edit and delete YouTube comments from Android.
In closing, YouTube developers have ensured that you can dig through years of comments in a matter of seconds. This feature is called “History,” where you can choose to view your past comments along with viewed videos. That way, you can follow through on past discussions or edit your comments as you like. And now, you CAN view and manage your comments using the YouTube app.
YouTube Comments FAQs – View/Delete/Edit
Can I bulk delete YouTube comments?
YouTube doesn’t offer a way to delete comments in bulk. You will need to delete each comment individually if you wish to erase your entire history.
Can comments be turned off on YouTube?
If you have your YouTube channel, you can disable comments. There is no other option.
How can I search my YouTube history?
You can use the search box at top of the YouTube “History” section to locate the video you are looking for or to view videos that have been viewed in relation to a specific topic.
Is it possible to delete YouTube comments?
You cannot delete comments made on YouTube. Sign in to your YouTube account using a browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox or Google Chrome.