We are happy to announce that HBO Max will finally be available on Roku for those who want to stream WarnerMedia’s service on their TVs.
Roku users wanting HBO Max may experience a slight problem.
Due to an agreement made with WarnerMedia, HBO is no more available on the Roku Channel Shop. Both Amazon and Apple both agreed to the same provision as part of their HBO Max distribution agreements. WarnerMedia wanted to preserve its app experience for viewers and collect first-party information.
HBO Max costs $14.99/month. This is the same price as HBO standalone.
Roku customers who have already subscribed via Roku Channel to HBO will need to cancel their subscriptions to access HBO Max from their Roku devices.
Customers can access my.roku.com from a desktop or mobile device. From there, they will be able to select “Manage Subscriptions” and then click on the “HBO on The Roku channel” tile to unsubscribe. You can cancel your subscription by clicking on “Manage Subscription” and then “Cancel Subscription” from a Roku device.
Customers must search on Roku for HBO Max, download it from the Roku Channel Shop, and then sign up for HBO Max. Roku will sell HBO Max subscriptions as well as subscriptions to its Roku Pay payment service.
Roku users who have already subscribed to HBO Max (either directly through WarnerMedia or another distributor) or HBO Now, will have an easier time setting up their Roku device. You can access the HBO Max channel on Roku using your existing email address and password. After you have subscribed to HBO Max, you can access all content by clicking “Access all HBO Max” in the app.
HBO Max streaming is available on all Roku devices with OS 9.3 and later.
HBO Max is now a Roku partner and has access to all major OTT platforms including Roku (46,000,000 active accounts) as well as Amazon Fire TV (more that 50 million monthly active viewers). Comcast Xfinity X1 customers and Flex customers have now access to HBO Max. They also have access to Apple (iOS, Apple TV, Google (Android and Chromecast and YouTube TV), and users of Apple (iOS, Apple TV, and Google (Android and Chromecast and YouTube TV), along with Xbox, PlayStation, and Samsung TVs.
A limited-time HBO Max deal is available for direct subscribers. It offers a 22 percent discount for new subscribers who prepay for six consecutive months at $69.99 (about $1.66 per month).
Roku and Amazon Fire TV: Which streaming platform is best for HBO Max, Netflix Plus, Disney Plus, YouTube, and YouTube?
Are you interested in streaming video from Netflix, Apple TV Plus, and Amazon Prime? Both Roku and Amazon Fire TV are great choices. Roku used to be the most popular streaming device. However, Amazon’s Fire TV has gained popularity and each system now has over 50 million users. CNET has tested both platforms for hours and both devices performed well. We have given Roku devices an average rating of 8.0 (excellent) and higher.
How do you decide? You will find more similarities than differences.
- Both models are very affordable with the lowest priced model starting at $30.
- You can find hundreds of thousands of TV applications for both Android and iOS, all of which are popular. Most apps work and look the same on both platforms.
- The latest Roku and Fire TV models are as responsive and reliable as any other device, provided you have an internet connection.
- All models come with remotes with TV volume and power buttons. You don’t need to use the one included with your TV if you’re not switching inputs.
- Both companies offer a variety of models, from basic streamers to 4K compatible versions with voice control,
How do I get HBO Max on Roku?
If you don’t have HBO installed on your Roku, you can install it as you would any other Roku app.
- Before installing HBO Max, create a Roku account. Click “Subscribe Now!” on the HBO Max website. You can cancel your HBO Max subscription at any time. The cost of the HBO Max subscription is $14.99 per month.
- You can also sign-up through the HBO Max mobile app
- To access your Roku remote control, press the Home button.
- Select “Search Channels”
- Type “HBO” in the search box. Click on “HBO Max”, then click “Add Channel” to add it.
- Once the app is installed, click “OK.”
- Use the Home key to access it.
- Select “HBO Max” and click on it. Log in using the credentials that you used to sign up for HBO Max the first time you used it.
How do I update to HBO Max Roku?
If you have HBO Go or HBO Now, your Roku device will likely update the app automatically.
- The Roku remote should be set for “Start” to access the HBO app. But don’t press it.
- To start the show, use the remote and press the ” Start” button.
- Next, click “Check for Updates.”
- After a few seconds, the HBO Max app for Roku should be installed.