The first and second-generation AirPods don’t have water resistance or waterproofing.
What is the water-resistance of AirPods Pro?
Apple claims the AirPods Pro is IPX4 water-resistant. However, they will be damaged if they are submerged in water.
What does the IP stand for? This is the waterproof rating system.
AirPods Pro IPX4 ratings indicate that they are resistant to water splashes in all directions.
The AirPods Pro charger bag is not waterproof and/or water-resistant.
Simply put, the AirPods Pro can still be worn while you exercise (not the 1 or 2 -generation AirPods), however, the following actions could cause harm:
- Put them under running water, such as the showerhead or faucet.
- You can swim and dive with them
- They can be worn to the sauna or steam room
- Water sports
How to deal with a wet AirPod
These are the actions to take immediately if your AirPods get wet.
- Wipe the AirPods clean with a soft, dry cloth. Use a microfiber cloth .
- Allow the AirPods to dry completely. Store them in the bag.
You can open the lid to dry the charging case upside-down if it gets wet.
If the liquid seems heavier than normal, such as coffee, shampoo, soap or lotions or shampoo, you can dry your AirPods and clean them.
- Use warm water to wash a piece of cloth.
- Clean the AirPods with a damp cloth.
- Dry them completely before placing them in the bag.
- AirPods shouldn’t be used until completely dry.
Your AirPods might stop working despite following these drying and cleaning instructions.
An iPhone may also be yours. You can also check out our previous article to find out which iPhones are waterproof.