Where can you find Bryan Cranston, Jake Gyllenhaal and Jeremy Irons to whisper in the ear of your child? Amazon’s Audible has the largest number of audiobooks in the world. Do you feel that this makes it difficult to cancel your Audible subscription? Let’s look at the steps to canceling an Audible subscription.
If you’re an audiobook enthusiast, then “Is Audible Worth It?” is a legitimate question. There may be a valid reason for you to cancel your Audible account. Is it one of the following?
Reasons to cancel an Audible subscription
Audible is a great option for audiobook enthusiasts. However, there may be some negative aspects that you find. Your main reason might be one of these.
- The monthly subscription for Audible is too costly for the one-month credit.
- You do not like Audible’s recommendation system, as it doesn’t show you the titles you require.
- The purpose of the app has changed.
- When you read, you are more likely to understand.
- There are less expensive alternatives to Audible audiobooks .
Audible makes it simple to cancel a subscription.
How to cancel an audiobook subscription
After you’ve determined the reason for canceling your Audible subscription, you can proceed to cancel it. The simple steps will be explained first, then we’ll discuss some additional guidelines.
- Log in to the Audible desktop site. You can’t cancel a subscription via the Audible tablet app or phone.
- Click the dropdown icon next to your name, and choose Account Details.
- Click Cancel membership in the bottom section of the “View member details” section.
- Audible asks for feedback about the reason for your cancellation. Please explain your reasons and then click the Cancel membership button.
- Amazon might offer an alternative, depending on your location and reasons to cancel. It might suggest a prepaid membership plan rather than a recurring plan. You might also be offered a “special” plan to encourage you to keep going. If you don’t want the service, continue the cancellation process.
- Sign again into Amazon Audible to confirm your cancellation. As proof of your cancellation, you will receive an automated email after you cancel.
Before you Cancel Your Subscription to Audible
Before you hit that orange cancel button, take a moment to read these points. Amazon highlights these points on its Help page.
- Only the monthly recurring plans can be canceled. They will expire.
- The desktop site allows you to cancel your membership. You can’t cancel any plans through the mobile apps. However, you can still access the site from the desktop versions of Chrome and Safari.
- Unused credit can be canceled along with your subscription. Before you cancel, make sure that you use them. They can’t be transferred to anyone else.
- Listen to your audiobook collection. You can still download your old audiobooks.
- Cancel prior to the next billing cycle. Manage your online subscriptions before the next payment cycle begins. You can also cancel your subscription during the trial period if it is not necessary to continue with the next payment cycle.
- You will still be able to purchase Audible books but you won’t have access to special discounts, offers, or special Audible features, such as an exchange or return policy.
Five Options for Canceling an Audible Account
The one-month Audible trial period with your choice books is the ideal way to test it out. Now let’s suppose you are unsure if this is the right service for you. The most common reason is lack of time.
It’s possible to give it another shot before you decide to go nuclear. Here are some suggestions.
- Switch to a less expensive plan. Personalize your subscription to suit your listening habits. Audible offers several membership options. You can also switch between plans at any moment. Below “Your Membership”, click the switch membership link.
- Take a break. Some markets (like U.S and U.K.) allow you to suspend your membership. However, this is only possible if your monthly recurring plan is in place. An account can be put on hold for up to 12 months. This can take anywhere from one to three months. The membership fee will not be charged, but you will not receive new credits or access to audio shows.
- Get a special offer from Audible when you cancel. It could be an incentive to listen to audiobooks for three more months at a substantial discount. You might even find that a motivational audiobook is able to change your life for the better.
- Use an Amazon Promotional Code. This will allow you to lower your membership fees as well as increase your association with the service. Find Amazon promotional codes.
- Use Family Library Sharing to tune others. To share audiobooks, you can create an Amazon Household Library.
Saying goodbye to Audible
It might be time to cut the cord. Perhaps you don’t have the patience or time to make an audiobook. The cancellation process can sometimes be overwhelming due to the difficult-to-find button. Amazon makes it easy for you to let go. Amazon does try to hold onto you, but it is not perfect. It uses a simple, blue “text button” rather than a glaring red one.