Video calls are an everyday part of our lives. Video chats have become a regular part of our lives. FaceTime can be used to communicate with loved ones and friends using camera effects.
This is how to add FaceTime effects to an Apple device.
Devices with FaceTime Camera Effects
FaceTime can still be used on older devices, such as the iPad 2 (or iPhone 4), but it is not possible for its effects to be used. These compatible devices are:
- iPhone 7 (and later)
- iPad Air (3rd generation) and Later
- iPad mini (5th generation) and later
- iPad (6th Gen), and Later
- iPad Pro 10.5 inch
- Pad Pro 12.9″ (2nd Generation) and older
It’s currently not possible to use camera effects on Mac. Macs that have Apple silicon can use Portrait mode because of macOS Monterey.
1. Become a Memoji in FaceTime
Apple’s 3D customizable avatars Memojis are called Memojis. A Face ID iPhone and an iPad equipped With TrueDepth camera can display as Memoji on your next FaceTime Call.
But first, you’ll need to create an Emoji. If you have multiple Apple IDs, all Memoji can be synchronized to all your other Apple devices. You can still create multiple Memojis.
After you have done that, tap the Effects button and then use FaceTime. Tap and hold the Emoji Icon.
2. Use filters to modify how you see
Use filters to alter the color and tone of your video. Add an effect or filter to your video.
- To activate FaceTime tap the tile. Next, tap the Effects symbol.
- Select the filter icon. Or choose the image with three circles.
- Scroll to see your appearance using filters.
3. FaceTime calls can be given a text label.
You also have the option to add text to your display by using a shape or text such as a thought-bubble that has text inside.
- When you’re using FaceTime, tap on the tile to activate the Effects feature.
- Tap on the Text Label (Aa). Select the text you wish to be displayed and then tap to dismiss it.
- Drag and hold the text around to place it where you like.
- Tap the smiling face at the top of the screen to make an Emoji. Next, tap an Emoji. Select your tile, and drag it to wherever you wish.
To delete the text labels and emojis simply tap on them and hit the delete key.
4. Stickers are available to be added to your FaceTime Screen
There’s a lot of stickers that you can add to FaceTime. While FaceTime is on, tap your tile and do the following:
- Insert a Memoji stamp by tapping and holding the Emoji symbol.
- Add an Emoji sticker. Drag and drop the Emoji sticker around until you locate it
- Standard HTML emoji stickers: Tap the button to use Effects Next, and choose text label. Expand the selection. Finally, tap a smiley face.
- Make your FaceTime Screen more interesting by adding shapes
You also have the ability to add animated or static shapes and designs on your screen.
- You may choose between the icons and the red Scribble icon.
- Select the shape to be added to your screen.
- Drag and drop the shape onto your screen.
- You may also attach the shape on your face to make it more recognizable. Simply drag the yellow frame to your face until you can see it.
6. Use Portrait Mode With FaceTime
Portrait mode can be enabled with FaceTime to help you focus on you. Only iPhones and iPads with A12 Bionic chips or later are eligible for this feature.
This effect is the only FaceTime video effect that’s currently available for Macs.
Combine Multiple FaceTime Features
You have the option to apply multiple camera effects simultaneously to your display. One example is blurring your background in Portrait mode and displaying yourself as Memoji.
FaceTime calls make it fun
FaceTime gives you the ability to use camera effects that make your calls more interesting, interactive, and funnier. You can also combine features to change your appearance.