You must eventually restore Windows 10, regardless of whether Windows 10 was delivered to you by a dedicated upgrade or a new Windows 10 licence.
There’s many ways to install Windows 10. This guide will show you how to create Windows 10 installation media.
1. Windows Media Creation Tool
Windows Media Creation tool is the easiest and best way to create Windows 10 media. Once you have made your selections, you can either download an ISO file for single or double-use or you can install it directly to a USB stick.
- Download the Windows Media Creation Tools.
- Open the downloaded file and select Create an installation media to another computer. Choose your version, system architecture, and the versions you wish to include in your Windows 10 installation media.
If you want to complete your installation, follow the screen instructions. To create bootable media for Windows 10, see the next section.
Direct download from Microsoft Windows 10 ISO
Windows 10 is available directly from Microsoft without the Windows Media Creation Tool.
MAKEUSEOF VIDEO DURING THE DAY
Another way to download Windows 10 ISO is
- Visit the Windows 10 ISO
- To open Developer Option, press F12
- To open the Toggle device icon that appears above the webpage press CTRL + Shift+M. Next, select Responsive from the dropdown menu. Next, press F5.
- Once the page loads, select the latest version of Windows 10 from the dropdown. Next, confirm the download.
After the ISO has been downloaded, please go to the section below.
2. Install Windows 10 Media
If you downloaded Windows 10 ISO files for later use, you will need to create bootable Windows 10 media.
Windows 10 USB Installation Media
To create USB installation media, you will need an ISO-to USB burning utility
- Install Rufus.
- Select the USB Device that you wish to target. Next, select Windows 10 ISO.
- To burn Windows 10 ISO onto a USB drive press Start
The time it takes to burn the files varies depending on your computer. However, it typically takes between 10 and fifteen minutes.
Windows 10 Disc Installation Media
You don’t need to have a USB to create media. I will use ImgBurn.
- Install ImgBurn.
- Now, select Write image file to disc.
- Next, click the Browse icon. This icon looks similar to a folder. Browse to the Windows 10 ISO.
- You can choose the Destination from the dropdown menu. Next, set the Write Speed to MAX.
- Click the ISO to Disk icon once you’re ready to start the burning process.
Are you already using a Windows CD and would you like to create an ISO? The tutorial will teach you how to make a bootable USB flash-drive from your Windows CD.
3. Windows 10 Unattended Installation
If you’re short on time or need to complete other tasks, an unattended install is an option. An unattended installation does not require any input.
This section will be made as a bootable USB.
Create an Autounattend.xml Answer File. This file will be stored in our bootable USB. This file will answer all your questions during Windows 10 installation.
File Your Answer
Go to the Windows answer generator (WAFG). Enter your Windows 10 product code using the WAFG generic key product key. This will complete the setup without the need to enter a unique key.
Choose the options you want to include in your unattended installation. Enter your name, input language, and whether or not you would like to share your settings with others.
Enter your Partition Settings
Next, you will need to enter your partition settings for an unattended Windows 10 installation. If you do not use the correct partition information and disk information, you could lose data.
Before you start, decide if you’re doing a clean install or an upgrade.
I will install to disk 0. My C: partition should correspond to my partition number 2.
Next, enter your User Account information. Next, fill in your User Account information. This includes your Username and whether UAC has been enabled.
Save your answer and copy it to
Scroll to the console boxes. Scroll to the console boxes.
To complete your unattended Windows 10 media, follow the Make Windows 10 install Media section. Copy the Autounattend.xml to the root directory.